e-Shram Card Login:- The Indian government has introduced the e-Shram Yojana, a revolutionary initiative, to provide social security to workers in the unorganized sectors of the country. Along with this initiative, the government has launched the e-Shram portal, which plays a crucial role in collecting a comprehensive database of unorganized workers. Its primary purpose is to empower these individuals by making them eligible for various government schemes and benefits. In this article, we will explore the details of the e-Shram card, the application process, the benefits it offers, and more.
The e-Shram Card: An Overview
What is the e-Shram Card?
The e-Shram card, as the name suggests, is a unique identification card designed for workers in the unorganized sector. It serves as a gateway to a plethora of government schemes and benefits. With an e-Shram card, laborers and workers in the unorganized sectors can avail themselves of benefits such as a pension after the age of 60, death insurance, and financial aid in case of incapacity.
e-Shram Card Scheme Details
|Scheme name||e-Shram Card|
|Launched by||Ministry of Labor and Employment|
|Start date||August 2021|
|Beneficiaries||Unorganised sector workers|
|Pension benefits||Rs.3,000 per month|
|Insurance benefits||Death insurance of Rs. 2 lakh, Rs. 1 lakh for partial handicap|
|Age limits||16-59 years|
Understanding the Unorganized Sector
What is the Unorganized Sector?
Before we delve deeper into the e-Shram card, let’s understand what the unorganized sector entails. The unorganized sector comprises establishments or units engaged in selling services, goods, or production, employing less than ten workers. Importantly, these units are not covered under the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). Any worker involved in such units is considered an unorganized worker. This category includes home-based workers and self-employed individuals who are not members of ESIC or EPFO.
Benefits of the e-Shram Card
What Benefits Does the e-Shram Card Offer?
Unorganized workers who possess an e-Shram card are entitled to a host of benefits, including:
- Pension: Once 60 years of age, a monthly pension of Rs. 3,000.
- Insurance: Financial assistance of Rs. 1,00,000 in the event of a partial disability and death insurance of Rs. 2,00,000.
- Survivor Benefits: In the unfortunate event of a beneficiary’s demise, the spouse will receive all the benefits.
- Unique Identification: Beneficiaries receive a 12-digit Universal Account Number (UAN) valid throughout India.
e-Shram Card Login Eligibility Criteria
Who Can Apply for an e-Shram Card?
To be eligible for an e-Shram card, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be an unorganized worker or someone working in the unorganized sector.
- Your age should be between 16 and 59 years.
- You must have a valid mobile number linked with your Aadhaar card.
How to Apply for an e-Shram Card
e-Shram Card Registration: How to Apply Online?
The process of applying for an e-Shram card is straightforward and can be done online through the e-Shram portal. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the e-Shram portal and go to the self-registration page.
- Enter your Aadhaar-linked mobile number and the captcha code, then click on the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- You’ll receive an OTP on your mobile device. Enter the OTP and click ‘Validate.’
- Verify the personal information that is visible on the screen.
- Provide the necessary information, including your address, educational qualifications, etc.
- Select your skill, the nature of business, and the type of work.
- Enter your bank details and complete the self-declaration.
- Click on ‘Preview’ to verify the details, and then click ‘Submit.’
- Your mobile number will receive another OTP. Enter it and click ‘Verify.’
- Your e-Shram card will appear on the screen after it has been generated.
- You can also download the e-Shram card from the portal.
What Documents are Required for an e-Shram Card?
To apply for an e-Shram card, you’ll need the following documents:
- Aadhaar card
- Mobile number linked with the Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
Checking e-Shram Card Payment Status
How to Check the Balance in Your e-Shram Card?
You can check the balance and payment status of your e-Shram card by following these steps:
- Visit the e-Shram portal.
- Choose the ‘E-Aadhaar Card Beneficiary Status Check’ option.
- Enter your Aadhar card number, UAN, or e-Shram card number.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button to view your e-Shram payment status.
e-Shram Card Helpline
Need Assistance? Contact e-Shram Card Helpline
If you require any assistance or have queries related to the e-Shram card, you can reach out to the helpline:
- Toll-Free Number: 14434
- Email ID: email@example.com
e-Shram Card Important Links
e-Shram Card FAQ’s
Q:- Who is eligible for an e-Shram card?
Ans:- Any individual working in the unorganized sector aged between 16 and 59 years with a valid mobile number linked to their Aadhaar card is eligible for an e-Shram card.
Q:- What benefits does the e-Shram card provide?
Ans:- The e-Shram card offers a monthly pension, death insurance, financial aid in the case of partial handicap, and a 12-digit Universal Account Number (UAN) valid throughout India.
Q:- How can I apply for the usage of an e-Shram card?
Ans:- You can apply for an e-Shram card through the Common Service Centre (CSC) or the e-Shram portal by following the online registration process.
Q:- How can I check the balance on my e-Shram card?
Ans:- You can check the balance on your e-Shram card by visiting the e-Shram portal and using the ‘E-Aadhaar Card Beneficiary Status Check’ link.
Q:- What is the helpline number for e-Shram card-related queries?
Ans:- You can reach out to the e-Shram card helpline at 14434 (toll-free) from Monday to Sunday. You can also contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.